Friday, December 31, 2021

Independent Guides in Cuba

 This page is aspirational.  Guides as a group are seeking the status of self-employed workers, as reported here.  In the meantime, some have found space to function and are happy to hear from you.  

These are self-created unvetted introductions.   All arrangements must be made and implemented between you and the guide.

Traveling with an independent guide is especially appropriate when using the general license for Support for the Cuban People, described here.


(It will take a while to build the list.  Check back every week or so.)


Olema Barani Perez  
Matanzas, Varadero; olemasaggi@gmail.com, phone number 52737900, available 24/ 7. I am a professional tour guide. I studied English Language and Literature. Cuban History has been my favorite and exploring geography all around the country too.  I can arrange tours all around the western and central part of Cuba: transport, paladares and private accommodation, all best quality with excellent families. I also have a few colleagues who are willing to help in the guiding.




Kizzy Camejo Torres
 Havana   kizzytours@gmail.com Whatsap  +53-5-345-2922  https://kizzytours.com/en/home/    Facebook @Kizzy Camejo Torres  @Kizzytours  Masters degree in Tourism Management. I have been a tour guide in Cuba for ten years. Since 2013 I have my own tour coordination business called Kizzytours.com    I offer tailor made programs in Cuba; a one stop shop for anyone interested in coming to the island. I can provide good advice before and during your trip, transportation, accommodation, tours & experiences and more. I also own three rental apartments in the heart of Old Havana. 



Abel Carmenate Pérez  Havana, Phone number: +53-5-281-1152
WhatsApp, telegram, Facebook / Instagram page: Cuba Taylor Made Tours with Abel; abelholacubatours@gmail.com; 18 Years of experience.  I organize tailor made tours all over Cuba with a deep immersion into Cuban way of life, off the beaten track.   Nature, Culture, History, general interest. All areas covered.


Cuba Careo Tours  https://cubacareotours.com   jnoguera@cubacareotours.com  Phone: +53 52723573


Alber The Hiker
I work as a guide all around the Cuban island  website: alberthehiker.com  TripAdvisor: Alber The Hiker   Instagram: @alberthehiker Facebook fan page: @alberthehiker Youtube: Alber the hiker


Roberly Infante  Trinidad  robeinf@gmail.com ; Phone: +53 58070450 Whatsapp: +53 58070450; Facebook  robert-Cuban Adventures;  I have worked as a Tour guide in Cuba for almost 10 years, doing the job in different ways (multi-night tours and specialized tours) also local tours...I specialize in nature, history and culture, although the tour always touches on different topics...(architecture, art, traditions, religion, etc)


Luis Cristobal Medina Acosta
 luiscma2016@gmail.com  I was a tourism guide for more than 20 years, from 1996.  I was graduated from Cuban universities twice, first in Journalism and later in Law. I have worked in French, Italian and English as a tourism guide.  Right now,  I'm a university teacher in Law, but I will enjoy to also go as a guide.




Jose Manuel Madrazo Benavides 
Varadero-Havana josemanuelmadrazo42@gmail.com contact@thecubanexperience.com    PHONE AND WHATSAPP: +53 52956250 www.thecubanexperience.com  With more than 20 years of experience in the tourist industry, we provide Day Tours and Round Trips to the most important tourist destinations in Cuba, based on the support of local business and neighborhoods. All our services contribute to their development by showing their lives, charisma and hospitality.  WE OFFER a wide variety of customized private tours that will bring guests in contact with the history, culture, nature and traditions of the greatest island in the Caribbean.



Angel Menéndez Otero 
Hemingway Cuban Tours, Havana  hemingwaytour@nauta.cu,  Phones: + 535 264 1168  Available at WhatsApp   On January 1st, 1993 I created my own private business, 29 years of a great experience and magnificent results working with the Italian market and more recently and very successful too with the American Market.  TRANSFERS FROM AND TO THE AIRPORT, RENT OUT PRIVATE HOMES, PERSONALISED TOURS, WALKING COLONIAL HAVANA,  OLD AMERICAN CLASSIC CONVERTIBLES, NATURE & CULTURE, HORSE BACK RIDING, TOBACCO, SUGAR & COFFEE PLANTATIONS, NIGHT LIFE & ENTERTAINMENT, SUN & BEACH, RESTAURANTS  FINER FOOD EXPERIENCE, CUBAN CIGARS & RUM,  DRIVERS & SECURITY



Antonio Montano 
Varadero I'm the owner of a private house in Varadero with all permission to rent it. My business is already on airbnb under the name of Villa Montano.  This is my email tonymont@nauta.cu and mobile number 53-5-277-2559.  I also work as a private tour guide offering excursions around Cuba.  My WhatsApp is antoniomontano974



Leysester Ortega Cruz  Varadero contact@get2knowcuba.com www.get2knowcuba.com   Phone: +53 53428561 WhatsApp: +17472356602  We provide  tours  and customized round trips in Cuba.   All of our services fall into the category of support for the Cuban people .



Nathaly Pérez O'Farrill  nathalyofarrill@gmail.com  Whatsapp Phone +5355589920
Facebook: Nathaly O'Farrill. I have been a tour guide for 8+ years. If I had to describe myself I would say I am a very curious person with many interests,  but history is definitely my passion. Nature is another one of my favorite subjects and I try to be an advocate for the protection of all species and habitats, I love animals, especially dogs, cats and birds.  I  specialize in tours related with History, Heritage, Contemporary Art and the Cuban Traditions, as well as people to people exchange, working with several community projects; as well as Bird watching trips throughout the country. And finally I love music. Music is part of my every day life, especially Cuban music. It makes me happy beyond words to "discover" a new song or a new performer. 




Norge Quintero Matos   Baracoa,  Humboldt National Park  activetourbaracoa@gmail.com   phone (+53) 5 290 7569  http://baracoa.at   Individual, cultural and touristic services. Working in tourism since 1998




Erik Luis Rodríguez Rodríguez  Matanzas   erikrr@nauta.cu  https://facebook.com/FototurErik
WhatsApp / Telegram +53 53683491  I am a free-lance Cuban tour guide. I used to be an university English teacher for some time which provide me with proper communication skills and a wide range of knowledge for tour guiding to cover several themes; such as, history, culture, nature, architecture, Cuban cousine and heritage.  I provide tour guide services for the whole country but mainly the center and west part. My tours are moved by a team of experienced drivers with awesome classic cars dating back to the 1950’s. I have local contact with Air B&Bs, Private Rent Houses and Restaurants with personal excellent services, all with that warm Cuban touch.


Ismary Vázquez  Varadero ismary.vr@nauta.cu  Former English teacher, independent tour guide for 7 years. I've done tours almost everywhere on the island but mostly Havana, Matanzas City, Trinidad, Cienfuegos, Viñales, Bay of Pigs.  My phone number is +53 52452810


Riuber Velazquez  self employed tour guide  riuber1974@gmail.comriuber19@nauta.cu
Phone number:+5354939130; WhatsApp & Telegram available (+5354939130)
Our program and services are totally oriented to private and cooperative sector. We have created a kind of alliance amongst all those who provide privately all sorts of services to the touristic sector in Cuba, that is private taxis (mainly American classic old cars), private restaurants ( the so-called paladares), casas particulares, and tour guides. We offer a wide variety of excursions mostly taking Varadero as the point of departure. These include tours to Havana and Vinales as well as to Matanzas, Bay of Pigs, Santa Clara, Cienfuegos and Trinidad. All the excursions are accompanied by a tour guide who will be giving all kind of important information about Cuban History, Geography, Culture and updated data as well.

1 comment:

  1. Jesus Magan
    Phone/WhatsApp: +53 52965501
    Email: maganjesus3@gmail.com

    Specialties: historical Havana, local artists, walking tours, Viñales, Las Terra as

    (Photo available upon request)

    ReplyDelete